the Kite Runner

After a really long time, I saw a movie which was gentle with emotions and not all slash bang and tears! Some say..movies don't do justice to books. I say...movies are one person's interpretation of a book. Whereas when we read, all of us, unless we are visually challenged and don't have a minds eye, see the happenings of the book happening in front of our eyes. To make up for the uninteresting visual of words one after another, the human mind makes up transparent visuals which are everything...touch, smell, view...and what we read gives our mind the ingredients to cook up this beautiful visual soup! When one mind is not the same as another, how can visualisation be?
Getting back to the topic...I think kite runner does justice to the idea...the story...the characters (although changed a bit). It held me with invisible gentle hands. Rooted to my seat, not because I wanted to know what happens next...that I knew! But because I wanted to see what the director had visualized next!
I loved the shots from a bird's eye point of view. The ones that captured the flight of the kite were awesome. The sound of the kite fluttering...and the swoop of one thread against another. Wow! The movie is worth watching because of these 3 second nuggets only!

No comments: